Hello Galapagos lovers!
As head chef for Quasar Expeditions’ Galapagos cruises, this will be my first post for the recipes of the most popular dishes aboard our cruises. Each week I will add a blog post with a new popular recipe, so be sure to check up on us often! We will also be sharing these recipes on our Facebook and Twitter pages, so be sure to join us on those social media channels as well.
If you traveled to the Galapagos with us before, and you had a favorite dish onboard that you would like a recipe for, please just post a comment on this post or any of my blog posts (or on Facebook) and I will do my best to try to get your desired recipe up.
I hope you like these recipes! These dishes are all relatively simple to make and they will bring back memories of your travels to this natural paradise.
Hope to see you here soon!
_ _ _ _ _
Preparation time: 15 minutes to prepare, 3-4 hours to let sit.
Note: Always use the freshest seafood possible. Make the ceviche the same day you purchase fresh seafood.
• 2 ½ lbs of Spiny Lobster tails (or regular lobster, shrimp or jumbo shrimp), cut into 1/2 inch pcs
• 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lime juice
• 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
• 1/2 of fresh red onion, finely diced
• 1 cup of chopped fresh seeded tomatoes
• 1 serrano chili, seeded and finely diced
• 2 teaspoons of salt
• A dash of ground oregano
• A dash of Tabasco or a light pinch of cayenne pepper
• Fresh cilantro
• 1 fresh soft avocado
• Toasted korn kernels
1. In a casserole dish, either Pyrex or ceramic, place the lobster, diced onion, tomatoes, chili, salt, tabasco, and oregano. Cover with lime and lemon juice and stir until all the ingredients are blended together.
2. Let sit covered in the refrigerator for an hour, then stir again, making sure more of the fish gets exposed to the acidic lime and lemon juices. Let sit for 2 to 3 more hours, giving time for the flavors to blend.
Note: During the marinating process the lobster will change from pinkish and translucent, to whiter in color and opaque.
Serve with chopped cilantro on top and slices of avocado with toasted korn kernels on the side.