Your Overland Jeep Safari gives you access to the full circuit of amazing sites in Southern Patagonia, including Torres del Paine National Park in Chile, Los Glaciares National Park in Argentina (including the mighty Perito Moreno Glacier) and El Chalten – Argentina’s adventure capital. They come equipped with luxury, comfort and style, all at your own pace and away from the crowds. Take the wheel of your fully equipped Jeep® on a self-guided adventure or, if you need a break, a guide can accompany you throughout your trip.
GUIDED VS SELF-GUIDED TOURS
For all our Jeep® safaris one can either be accompanied by a top guide throughout the entire duration of the safari or drive oneself and explore the Parks on your own, using local guides during certain excursions that require a guide. Below are the details of how these two programs differ from one another:
You take the wheel of their Jeep® and are in complete control of your adventure. It's easy to get around in Patagonia, especially with out state of the art navigation equipment that includes a GARMIN GPS navigation system, a full interactive itinerary and i-Pad Expedition Manual, a GPS tracker and a Satellite phone. In addition, you will have the 24/7 support of our Patagonia team. Some excursions include local guides at no additional cost. Others can be self-guided at no cost; or we can hire a local guide for some of these as well. Your Guide to Excursions document contains all the details.
On a Guided Safari you enjoy all of the advantages detailed above while being accompanied by a top guide, who will serve as both resident expert and interpretive naturalist. Having a guide ensures all details of the trip are taken care of while you relax and enjoy a fun, safe and memorable journey.
GUIDE TO EXCURSIONS
In addition to the included excursions that are part of each of our itineraries, you also you have a full range of additional excursions to choose from should you wish to further customize your adventure. This is one of the key advantages of our Safaris. We will give you a credit when swapping included excursions for custom choices.
Patagonia Itinerary: 1 - 2 Weeks Of Discovery
When choosing to travel a region as spectacular as Patagonia, it is important to do some research to ensure that you have the best itinerary to make the most of your time. With over a million square kilometres of landmass, home to fantastic mountain peaks, breathtaking national parks, icy glaciers, and more than 500 species of wildlife you are truly spoilt for choice.
With so many sights to choose from, it can often be hard to find where to begin with planning your Patagonia itinerary. Quasar Expeditions can help. With 35 years of experience in the industry and incomparable knowledge of the area, we work with travelers to generate the perfect Patagonia 1 week to 2 week itinerary. We pride ourselves on our customer service and our abilities to listen to your requirements, paying close attention to the important details to take you on the trip of a lifetime.READ MORE
Why Book Your Patagonia Itinerary With Quasar Expeditions?
When booking a shorter vacation itinerary of one or two weeks, it is imperative to create an itinerary that will optimize your time. Quasar Expeditions cares about making guests’ experiences the best they can be and is genuinely committed to turning your requirements into the vacation of a lifetime.
Quasar Expeditions has a variety of packages that suit shorter trips; choose between 5, 7 or 9 day overland safari adventures. Some highlights of our trips are;
- Small groups and remote destinations - wildlife reserves and national parks are best experienced away from the crowds and smaller tour groups enable more personal connections to be made with the guide, the other people on your trip, and the environment itself.
- Passionate and knowledgeable guides - the difference between an exceptional experience and the trip of a lifetime lies in the quality of the people that make it possible. Our five-star testimonials show that guests really highlight their guides as a big factor in their overall experience. We have been in the industry for longer than any other company and this has enabled our guides to find the top sights and provide you with in-depth information about the area.
- Sensational wildlife encounters - Quasar Expeditions have overland Jeep Safari tours that provide the much sought after experience of tracking Patagonian Pumas in their natural habitat.
- Activities and excursions - our tours offer more active excursions such as kayaking, ice trekking, hikes, and glacier navigation as well as quieter activities such as bird watching, horse riding, and stargazing.
We provide guests with the layers of depth and contrast that they are seeking and help to create meaningful connections with the Earth and other humans. We generate itineraries that include incomparable sights, cultural cuisine, meeting inspiring locals, and much more.
Let's PLan Your Patagonia Itinerary Today
We have been in the business for longer than anyone else so know what works and what doesn’t.
We tailor a Patagonia Itinerary to suit you with the promise of an unforgettable experience however long your trip. Speak to one of our sales team or complete an online inquiry form and embark on your perfect trip now!
CHILE & ARGENTINA SAFARIS
Our private Chile & Argentina Safaris are our top-of-the-line adventures, offering the full extent of the very best that both Chilean and Argentinean Southern Patagonia have to offer. You have 4 options to choose from, depending on budget and the amount of time you have available for your trip. All itineraries are available with stays at 5-Star properties (GOLD) or 4-Star properties (SILVER).
- 6 DAYS / 5 NIGHTS WILD PATAGONIA: Wild Patagonia offer the best of the Chilean side of Southern Patagonia including Torres Paine National Park, as well as the beautiful town of Puerto Natales and Fjord of Last Hope. It is the ideal program for those who do not have the minimum 7 days required to cross over to the Argentinean side of Patagonia.
- 7 DAYS / 6 NIGHTS PATAGONIA SELECT: This shortened version of our top of the line 9 Day Overland Safari concentrates on the best of both Torres Paine National Park in Chile and Los Glaciares National Park in Argentina. Ideal for those who want to see the highlights of both Chilean and Argentinean Patagonia in the minimum amount of time.
- 9 DAYS / 8 NIGHTS PATAGONIA REVEALED: Our top of the line Overland Safari concentrates on the best of both Torres Paine National Park in Chile and Los Glaciares National Park in Argentina. Ideal for those who want to see the best of both regions, including The Fjord of Last Hope, Torres del Paine National Park and Los Glaciares National Park as well as the mighty Perito Moreno Glacier.
- 11 DAYS / 10 NIGHTS PATAGONIA IMMERSION: This extended version of our Patagonia Overland Safari not only concentrates on the best of both Torres Paine National Park in Chile and El Calafate in Argentina (including Perito Moreno Glacier), but it also incorporates El Chalten, home to the iconic Mt. Fitz Roy and Cerro Torre.
|Places Visited:||Torres del Paine, El Calafate & El Chalten|
|Starting from:||$8,700 p/p|
PUMA TRACKING &
On our private 5 and 6-day Puma Safaris, we concentrate on the very best of the fauna that Chile’s Torres del Paine National Park has to offer. These Safaris are offered year-round, although the best time to see Pumas is during the Secret season (May - Mid September). Wildlife lovers, photographers and all travelers in general will have the opportunity to spend days in the Park exploring the Park and searching for Patagonia's most beautiful mammal, the Patagonian Puma. Thanks to the expertise and the very well planned out logistics of these safaris, the chances are maximized to see this magnificent cat in the wild.
|Departure Dates||Flexible Departure Dates
May 1 - September 25, 2020
|Starting from:||$5,800 p/p|
|Departure Dates||Fixed Departure Dates (see itinerary)
September 26, 2020 - April 30, 2021
|Starting from:||$6,950 p/p|
THE SECRET SEASON ITINERARIES
The Secret Season in Patagonia falls between the months of May and September. When the northern hemisphere is sweating through summer, Patagonia is cool, calm, and collected. No crowds, no unpredictable summer winds, no queuing up for the activities on your bucket list. Some properties in Patagonia close during the low season, so lodging options are a bit more limited during this time of the year. We also stay only on the Chilean side during low season, as many attractions on the Argentinean side are not available. However, two of our favorite properties do stay open during this secret season, which are Hotel Lago Grey (part of our Silver, 4 star programs) and Hotel Explora (part of our GOLD, 5 star programs).
ALL-INCLUSIVE HOTEL STAYS IN CHILEAN PATAGONIA
On our all-inclusive hotel stays, you will stay in the very same great hotels we use for our Jeep Safaris and visit the same spectacular National Parks while experiencing many similar excursions. The key difference is that instead of having your own Jeep, as well as having a more limited menu of excursions to choose from, the excursions and transfers will set out daily from the hotels in a van and in the company of a group led by a guide. Your choice of excursions each day will be limited to the hotel where you are staying, but the advantage is that you can also enjoy savings compared to our Jeep safaris. This is an excellent option for those who are willing to forego the freedom of having their own Jeep inside of the National Park, or when we don’t have Jeeps available. It’s also a great option for single travelers.
Itineraries available upon request.
& press coverage