Your Overland Jeep Safari gives you access to the full circuit of amazing sites in Southern Patagonia, including Torres del Paine National Park in Chile, Los Glaciares National Park in Argentina (including the mighty Perito Moreno Glacier) and El Chalten – Argentina’s adventure capital. Experience our Safaris in luxury, comfort and style, all at your own pace and away from the crowds. Take the wheel of your fully equipped automatic Jeep® on a Self-Guided adventure or on a Guided Safari in the company of your own private naturalist Guide for the duration of your Safari program.Read More
ON YOUR SELF-GUIDED SAFARI
Our Self Guided Safari is the same itinerary as our Guided Safari except there is no guide in your vehicle. This option offers you the freedom to lead your own adventure and explore. On your Self Guided Safari you will have your personal itinerary preloaded in your jeeps GPS as well as your day to day itinerary preloaded into the iPad in the vehicle too. The iPad not only contains your itinerary but also starting points and maps for hikes and excursions, highlights of the drive, videos about flora, fauna and animals and so much more.
ON YOUR GUIDED SAFARI
On your Guided Safari your private Quasar Naturalist Guide is in the vehicle with you for the duration of your Safari. Your Guide not only manages all your trip details for you, showing you the best part of the parks, acting as your naturalist and historian but also acts as your personal concierge for your whole safari adventure. The Guide is in your vehicle and also shares in some of the driving when you want to sit back, relax ,take pictures or enjoy the views. On Guided Safaris, fuel in Chile and Argentina is included.
GUIDE TO EXCURSIONS
In addition to the included excursions that are part of each of our itineraries, you also you have a full range of additional Quasar excursions to choose from should you wish to further customize your adventure. All your excursions are decided and confirmed in advance. There are no lines, no waitlists and you never have to worry if the excursion will be available or not. This is one of the key advantages of our Safaris.
GUIDED SAFARIS - GUIDE TO EXCURSIONS
SELF-GUIDED SAFARIS - GUIDE TO EXCURSIONS
1 - 2 Weeks Of Discovery
When choosing to travel a region as spectacular as Patagonia, it is important to do some research to ensure that you have the best itinerary to make the most of your time. With over a million square kilometres of landmass, home to fantastic mountain peaks, breathtaking national parks, icy glaciers, and more than 500 species of wildlife you are truly spoilt for choice.
With so many sights to choose from, it can often be hard to find where to begin with planning your Patagonia itinerary. Quasar Expeditions can help. With 37 years of experience in the industry and incomparable knowledge of the area, we work with travelers to generate the perfect Patagonia 1 week to 2 week itinerary. We pride ourselves on our customer service and our abilities to listen to your requirements, paying close attention to the important details to take you on the trip of a lifetime.Read More
Why Book Your Patagonia Itinerary With Quasar Expeditions?
When booking your vacation to this remote part of the world, it is imperative to create an itinerary that will optimize your time in this vast region. Quasar Expeditions cares about making guests’ experiences immersive and memorable the best they can be and is genuinely committed to turning your interests and expectations requirements into the vacation adventure of a lifetime.
Quasar Expeditions has a variety of safari programs to offer depending on the time you have to travel and your interests. choose between, 6, 7 or 9 day and 11 Day overland safari adventures. Some highlights of our trips are:
- Discover Patagonia at your Own Pace - grab a front row seat from the comfort of your own private Jeep®, you can explore the depths of Patagonia, choose excursions based on your passions, and set your own pace
- Wilderness & Adventure by Day / Comfort & Luxury by Night - Our safaris allow you to experience the same hikes, sites and scenic wonders that draw hardcore hikers to this region but, rather than roughing it at the end of each day, you will retire in super comfortable beds at amazing hotels and lodges around the Parks.
- A Truly Private Experience - Exploring the Parks in your own private Quasar Jeep® on a Self-Guided or Guided Safari means traveling in the company of those you choose and setting your own schedule and pace You won't have to spend the day in a van with others who may not share your idea of a perfect day in Patagonia, and you don’t have to return to the hotel after every activity, unless you want to.
- Sensational wildlife Encounters - Quasar Expeditions' Overland Jeep Safaris provide the much sought after experience of tracking Patagonian Pumas and seeing guanacos, fox, condors and more living in their natural habitat with Torres del Paine (Chile) or Los Glaciares National Park (Argentina).
- Activities & Excursions - From Easy-Going to Active excursions include kayaking, ice trekking, hikes, and glacier navigation as well as quieter activities such as bird watching, horseback riding, stargazing and so much more!
- Passionate and Knowledgeable Guides - The difference between an exceptional experience and the trip of a lifetime lies in the quality of the people that make it possible. Our five-star testimonials show that guests really highlight Quasar Tour Guides as a big factor in their overall experience. We have been in the industry for longer than any other company and this has enabled our dynamic guides in Patagonia to provide you with in-depth and fully immersive experience. Find out what our guests had to say here: Patagonia Safari Reviews & Testimonials.
We provide guests with the layers of depth and contrast that they are seeking and help to create meaningful connections . We generate itineraries that include incomparable sights, cultural cuisine, meeting inspiring locals, and much more.
Let's Plan Your Patagonia Itinerary Today
We have been in the business for longer than anyone else so know what works and what doesn’t.
Quasar Expeditions also specializes in luxury Patagonia tours, custom Patagonia adventure and/or photography itineraries as well as we offer private Patagonia experiences.
We tailor your Patagonia Itinerary to suit you with the promise of an unforgettable experience however long your trip. Speak to one of our knowledgeable Sales team Consultants or complete an online inquiry form and embark on your perfect trip now!
CHILE & ARGENTINA SAFARIS
Our private Chile & Argentina Safaris are our top-of-the-line adventures, offering the full extent of the very best that both Chilean and Argentinean Southern Patagonia have to offer. You have 4 options to choose from, depending on budget and the amount of time you have available for your trip. All itineraries are available with stays at 5-Star properties (GOLD) or 4-Star properties (SILVER).
- 6 DAYS / 5 NIGHTS WILD PATAGONIA (CHILE ONLY): Wild Patagonia offer the best of the Chilean side of Southern Patagonia including Torres Paine National Park, as well as the beautiful town of Puerto Natales and Fjord of Last Hope. It is the ideal program for those who do not have the minimum 7 days required to cross over to the Argentinean side of Patagonia.
- 7 DAYS / 6 NIGHTS PATAGONIA SELECT (CHILE & ARGENTINA): This shortened version of our top of the line 9 Day Overland Safari concentrates on the best of both Torres Paine National Park in Chile and Los Glaciares National Park in Argentina. Ideal for those who want to see the highlights of both Chilean and Argentinean Patagonia in the minimum amount of time.
- 9 DAYS / 8 NIGHTS PATAGONIA REVEALED (CHILE & ARGENTINA): Our top of the line Overland Safari concentrates on the best of both Torres Paine National Park in Chile and Los Glaciares National Park in Argentina. Ideal for those who want to see the best of both regions, including The Fjord of Last Hope, Torres del Paine National Park and Los Glaciares National Park as well as the mighty Perito Moreno Glacier.
- 11 DAYS / 10 NIGHTS PATAGONIA IMMERSION (CHILE & ARGENTINA): This extended version of our Patagonia Overland Safari not only concentrates on the best of both Torres Paine National Park in Chile and El Calafate in Argentina (including Perito Moreno Glacier), but it also incorporates El Chalten, home to the iconic Mt. Fitz Roy and Cerro Torre.
Places Visited: Puerto Natales, Torres del Paine & El Calafate
Starting from: $5,950 p/p
Places Visited: Puerto Natales, Torres del Paine & El Calafate
Starting from: $7,100 p/p
Places Visited: Torres del Paine, El Calafate & El Chalten
Starting from: $9,150 p/p
PUMA TRACKING & WILDLIFE SAFARIS
On our private 5 and 6-day Puma Safaris, we concentrate on the very best of the fauna that Chile’s Torres del Paine National Park has to offer. These Safaris are offered year-round, although the best time to see Pumas is during the Secret season (May - September). Wildlife lovers, photographers and all travelers in general will have the opportunity to spend days in the Park exploring the Park and searching for Patagonia's most beautiful mammal, the Patagonian Puma. Thanks to the expertise and the very well planned out logistics of these safaris, the chances are maximized to see this magnificent cat in the wild.
Departure Dates: Flexible Departure
Dates: May 1, 2023 - September 30, 2023
Starting from: $5,950 p/p
Departure Dates: Fixed Departure Dates (see itinerary)
Dates: October 1, 2022 - April 30, 2023
Starting from: $6,250 p/p
THE SECRET SEASON ITINERARIES
The Secret Season in Patagonia falls between the months of May and September. When the northern hemisphere is sweating through summer, Patagonia is cool, calm, and collected. No crowds, no unpredictable summer winds, no queuing up for the activities on your bucket list. Some properties in Patagonia close during the low season, so lodging options are a bit more limited during this time of the year. We also stay only on the Chilean side during low season, as many attractions on the Argentinean side are not available. However, two of our favorite properties do stay open during this secret season, which are Hotel Lago Grey (part of our Silver, 4 star programs) and Hotel Explora (part of our GOLD, 5 star programs).
Places Visited: Torres del Paine National Park
Gold Program Starting from: $6,650 p/p
Silver Program Starting from: $4,850 p/p
IN CHILEAN PATAGONIA
On our all-inclusive hotel stays, you will stay in the very same great hotels we use for our Jeep Safaris and visit some of the same spectacular National Parks while experiencing group excursions with hotel guides each day.. Several key differences are that you will not have your own Jeep to explore the more remote parts of the parks and you will enjoy a limited menu of excursions to choose from once you arrive at the hotel, all led by a hotel Guide. Your choice of available excursions each day will be limited to the hotel where you are staying, but the advantage is that you can also enjoy savings compared to our Jeep safaris. This is an excellent option for those who are willing to forego the freedom of having their own Jeep inside of the National Park, for those who prefer to do activities in larger group settings or it is a great option for single travelers.
Itineraries available upon request.
& PRESS COVERAGE