Spanish name: Pez Brujo en Mantequilla de limon y alcaparras
Preparation time: 30 minutes.
Servings: 4 to 6
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon butter
2 speckled scorpionfish fillets (about 2 1Ž2 lbs) – can also use halibut or sea bass
Salt and pepper to taste
1 shallot (chopped)
2 garlic cloves (chopped)
1/2 cup of white wine
2 tablespoons capers
1 tablespoon butter
1 lemon (zest and juice)
2 tablespoons dill or parsley (chopped)
1. Heat the oil and melt the butter in a pan.
2. Season the scorpionfish with salt and pepper.
3. Add the fish to the pan and cook until lightly golden brown on both sides, about 3-5 minutes per side.
4. Set the fish aside.
5. Add the shallots to the pan and sauté until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
6. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
7. Add the white wine and deglaze the pan.
8. Simmer to reduce the sauce a bit.
9. Turn off the heat and add the capers, butter, lemon and dill or parsley.
Serve the fish over a bed of fettuccine pasta with a little olive oil. And top the fish with the Lemmon butter and capers sauce.
We hope you enjoy as much as all our past travelers have! Read more about our Galapagos charters to get some of these amazing dishes.