Our love for the nature of the wonderful Galapagos ecosystem inspired us to offer Galapagos eco-tourism over two decades ago to share and preserve the beauty of this part of the world. Today’s travelers expect tour companies to protect the country, indigenous communities and the Galapagos ecosystem where they operate. At Quasar Expeditions we take this exceptional opportunity to support development and integration of local communities into our changing world, without losing the unique identity in the process. We are confident that our Galapagos eco-tourism efforts will be appreciated by future generations of responsible travelers.
- The fragile Galapagos ecosystem is susceptible to even the smallest changes. Quasar Expeditions’ Galapagos eco-tourism supports a waste-management effort to protect the Islands.
- Aboard our Galapagos eco-tourism operations, glass is recycled and used to make building blocks and other building materials.
- Plastic waste, burnt oils and other non bio-degradable waste from Galapagos eco-tourism is shipped out of the Galapagos ecosystem and back to the continent to be disposed of properly.
- Our Galapagos cruises have been carefully planned so that they utilize the least amount of plastic and non-biodegradable waste possible.
Quasar Expeditions has partnered up with Free World United to help raise funds for the Galapagos Conservancy. Free World United is a progressive graphic t-shirt brand who donates a percentage of every sale to worthy causes.
The cause-specific t shirts you see for Galapagos were designed by local Galapagos artists exclusively for Free World United and this partnership. For every cause-specific t-shirt you buy, Free World United will donate $10 to The Galapagos Conservancy, in an effort to raise donations to fund its programs..
Help spread the word and share this page with family and friends!
- State-of-the-art technologies for the engines and waste-management systems of our Galapagos eco-tourism yachts protect the Galapagos ecosystem.
- Extremely clean-running, combustion-maximizing engines produce very little waste.
- Meticulously-designed waste management system releases no inorganic waste from our Galapagos eco-tourism expeditions into the Galapagos ecosystem.
For questions or to make a reservation, please call:
Mon - Fri: 9am - 6:30pm PST